SCCC Member Benefits
- A variety of workshops and classes are offered throughout the year to help members improve and expand their skills.
- Many of the 2-hour classes that you complete as a member for no charge would cost far more than our annual dues, if taken at a private studio or classroom.
- Many members take ten or more classes each year, learning about a wide diversity of artistic media.
- Members must attend at least 3 workshops (2 hours each) per year. (1 during Covid).
- Develop leadership skills by holding a position of responsibility.
- Throughout our 95-year history, we have had a special spring celebration. Members have created table settings (1-8 settings) from their own (or relatives’) china, stoneware, picnic-ware, etc. as venue to share our personal heritage and creativity.
- Exhibit one or more pieces of arts or crafts taught during the fiscal year at the Table Setting Luncheon.
- Participate in Club events and fundraisers, including bake sales, Table Setting Luncheon in April, craft sales, etc.
- Community Service
- SCCC presents an annual arts grant to one or more local school classroom(s) each year.
- Members also are involved in community service projects such as Basket of Hope, working with Black Hawk and Harvard Park Grade School students after school, and art projects and projects for our Troops.
How to Become a Member
Membership applications are accepted at any time during the year. Membership dues is $40 annually May 1st to April 30th. Click here for membership explanation.
The Members Only area of our website provides extensive information:
- Member events
- Contacts; special interest groups; calendar; member directory; bylaws, policies, and standing rules; minutes
- Newsletters and Facebook
- Community Service Program forms and Other Forms
- Learning: teaching a class; teacher schedules and forms; spring, summer and fall classes; scheduled studio displays
- Members-only dashboard and profile update
SCCC publishes an Annual Directory with much of the above information plus a Member Directory with photos, emails, phone numbers and addresses of members.
SCCC publishes three Newsletters for members: March, August, October.