Illinois has now moved into Phase 4 of the CoVid 19 mitigation plan. SCCC will slowly begin to return to our summer/fall schedule. Masks and/or social distancing is required within the studio.
The Springfield Ceramics and Crafts Club turned 95 in May 2019. Over the years both crafting and membership has changed but our mission stays constant "the pursuit of the teaching of ceramics and crafts in their various phases, and through such teaching, to become involved in charitable projects and programs that will benefit the community." The purpose is educational and community service.
Membership applications are accepted at any time during the year. Applicants must have a sponsor and a co-sponsor who are current members in good standing. Membership applications are reviewed and approved at the regularly scheduled Board meeting in April. Membership dues is $40 annually. Read more about membership...
SCCC Crafters' Treasure Sale will be held on August 14 & 15.
Additional information will soon be announced. At the Crafters' Treasure Sale you will find lots of raw crafting material for all sorts of crafts and craft storage items. Buy an empty bag ($10) and stuff it full. It's a crafter's dream sale!!
- Community outreach to local schools supported art projects by providing supplies.
- Our Youth Art Outreach Grants benefit local elementary and high schools by providing funds for special art projects.
- Basket of Hope fulfills requests from local hospitals and charities.
- Members volunteer at Black Hawk Elementary school to teach students grades K-5 arts and crafts in support of the District 186 SCOPE after school program. School Outreach Programs
- Our 2019 CraftCrop sold out and was deemed a success. A date for the 2020 Craft Crop has yet to be determined. Proceeds support our Youth Art Outreach Program. Youth Art Outreach Grants for Area Art Teachers
- Our Winter Soup Luncheon, an annual event, supports the ceramic area of the studio.
- Fifth Friday Challenge was introduced in January 2020. It is an open-ended challenge for members to create an artistic non-traditional application using assigned traditional art media. The reveal is held on each fifth Friday during the year.