All activities and classes at the Springfield Ceramics and Crafts Club has been canceled through August 31st due to the uncertainty of the length of time CDC expects a downward turn in the coronavirus spread. We will, during that time, monitor CDC reccommendations. If social distancing recommendations change, we will respond accordingly.
The Springfield Ceramics and Crafts Club turned 95 in May 2019. Over the years both crafting and membership has changed but our mission stays constant "the pursuit of the teaching of ceramics and crafts in their various phases, and through such teaching, to become involved in charitable projects and programs that will benefit the community." The purpose is educational and community service.
Membership applications are accepted at any time during the year. Applicants must have a sponsor and a co-sponsor who are current members in good standing. Membership applications are reviewed and approved at the regularly scheduled Board meeting in April. Membership dues is $40 annually. Read more about membership...
- Community outreach to local schools supported art projects by providing supplies.
- Our Youth Art Outreach Grants benefited 6 schools with grants for special art projects.
- Basket of Hope fulfills requests from local hospitals and charities.
- Members volunteer at Black Hawk Elementary school to teach students grades K-5 arts and crafts in support of the District 186 SCOPE after school program. School Outreach Programs
- Our 2019 CraftCrop sold out and was deemed a success. Proceeds support our Youth Art Outreach Program. Youth Art Outreach Grants for Area Art Teachers
- Our Winter Soup Luncheon, an annual event, supports the ceramic area of the studio.