S.C.C.C. Youth Art Outreach Grants.
At least two $500 grants to promote fine arts knowledge and practice are awarded. Fundraising and donations can increase the number of awards. All Springfield elementary and high school art teachers may apply to fund their projects. Grants may be used for, but are not limited to:
- promoting the understanding of an artist's work or an art genre.
- improving the school building environment with an art project executed by the students.
- learning about the Springfield community and sharing the information through art projects which culminate in an art show.
- teaching new art techniques and ways to incorporate them into mixed media art projects.
- reclaiming and re-purposing non-traditional items into art creations.
Applications are e-mailed to the Springfield schools and can be downloaded HERE: Springfield Ceramics and Crafts Club Youth Art Outreach Grant
Applications must be received by November 20, 2020 (the Friday before Thanksgiving.)
Applications are reviewed and projects selected by a team of SCCC members. Grants are awarded no later than January15. Funded projects are displayed at the SCCC Table Setting Luncheon.
Youth Art Outreach Grants Awarded:
Beth Pianezza, Springfield High School, $500 for mixed media embroidery
Kimberly Magowan, St. Agnes, $500 for mixed media art relating to the empathy project
Amy Minch, Franklin Middle School, $400 to integrate digital art into traditional drawing and printmaking
Kristen Jurgens, Lanphier High School, $400 for portrait murals for the hallway
Anthony Wilson, Lanphier High School, $200 for painted murals for the cafeteria
Fall 2018 Awards: $500 – Kimberly Magowan, St. Agnes; $500 – Lisa Beenenga, Southeast High School; $250 – Robert Mitchell – Lincoln Magnet School; $250 – Beth Rianegga, Springfield High School; $100 Kelly Minder – Owen Marsh; $100 Kristin Jurgens – Lanphier.
For more information on the Youth Outreach Grant Email: SCCCyaog1@gmail.com