SCCC Member Benefits
- A variety of workshops and classes are offered throughout the year to help members improve and expand their skills.
- Many of the 2-hour classes that you complete as a member for no charge would cost far more than our annual dues, if taken at a private studio or classroom.
- Many members take ten or more classes each year, learning about a wide diversity of artistic media.
- Members must attend at least 3 workshops (2 hours each) per year.
- Develop leadership skills by holding a position of responsibility.
- Throughout our 90-year history, we have had a special spring celebration. Members have created table settings (1-8 settings) from their own (or relatives’) china, stoneware, picnic-ware, etc. as venue to share our personal heritage and creativity.
- Exhibit one or more pieces of arts or crafts taught during the fiscal year at the Table Setting Luncheon.
- Participate in Club events and fundraisers, including bake sales, Table Setting Luncheon in April, craft sales, etc.
- Community Service
- SCCC presents an annual arts grant to one or more local school classroom(s) each year.
- Members also are involved in community service projects such as Basket of Hope, working with Black Hawk and Harvard Park Grade School students after school, and art projects and projects for our Troops.
How to Become a Member
Membership applications are accepted at any time during the year. Applicants must have a sponsor and a co-sponsor who are current members in good standing. Your sponsor can provide you with a Membership Application. Membership applications are reviewed and approved at the regularly scheduled Board meeting in April. Membership dues is $40 annually. Click here for membership explanation
For more information about becoming a member Email: SCCCmembership1@gmail.com
The Members Only area of our website provides extensive information:
- Member events
- Contacts; special interest groups; calendar; member directory; bylaws, policies, and standing rules; minutes
- Newsletters and Facebook
- Community Service Program forms and Other Forms
- Learning: teaching a class; teacher schedules and forms; spring, summer and fall classes; scheduled studio displays
- Members-only dashboard and profile update
If you are currently an SCCC member and don't yet have a login, please Email: SCCCpresident1@gmail.com
SCCC publishes an Annual Directory with much of the above information plus a Member Directory with photos, emails, phone numbers and addresses of members.
SCCC publishes three Newsletters for members: March, August, October.